OSCAD has been designed for organizations whose functioning depends on business continuity and whose information resources need to be protected. These requirements are particularly important for organizations working in such sectors as power engineering, industrial production, transport, telecommunications, finances, public administration, health protection, utilities provision, communal economy, and rescue services. Thus the system is particularly suitable for organizations which:
- have expanded co-operation links,
- work within supply chains,
- work according to the Just-In-Time system,
- are strongly dependent on their technological systems, including IT systems,
- provide e-services,
- process sensitive data (personal, medical, financial, etc),
- are part of national critical infrastructures.